E Waste Management In India
Eco Friend Industries has been authorized by Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) for the Reception, Collection, Transportation, Handling, Segregation, Recycling and Disposal of Environmentally Hazardous Electrical and Electronic Equipments Waste as per the guidelines of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipments (WEEE) Directives.
Consent No: BO/MPCB/RO(HQ)NM/CO/B-10150; Date: 05/11/2014
At Eco Friend Industries E-Waste is disposed following the strict guidelines of Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) and taking into account all hazards of Health Safety Environment (HSE). Working towards a cleaner and greener tomorrow.
E Waste Includes:
Computer Scrap, Electronic Scrap, Circuit Board, PCB, E-Waste, All items that work on electricity whether in working or not working condition, All type of Electrical & Electronic Equipment including Industrial Electrical & Electronic Equipment, Secondary Computers, Printers, Fax, CD, DVD, Floppy, Tapes, Pen drives, EPBX, Wires, Cables, Entertainment Device, Mobile phones, Telephones, Television, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Lithium ion Batteries, Nickel Cadmium Batteries, Lead Acid Batteries, Compressors, SKADA/PLC Systems, Logic Controllers, Control Panel, Fans, Lights, Bulbs, CAT5 / CAT6 cables, Any other cables, Switches, Hospital and Medical equipments and all working/repairable/un-repairable electronics to be "Commodities", which is dumped or which may be illegally sold to scrap dealers.
We have the permission to receive/collect Electronic Waste for disposal from all over India. Our Factory in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra is convenient for collection of E-Waste from Mumbai (Bombay), Navi Mumbai, Gujarat, SEZ, Pune, MIDC, GIDC, Vapi, Thane, Vashi, TTC, Virar, Vasai, Panvel, Taloja, Airoli, Pimpri Chinchwad, Mahad, Nashik, Ranjangaon, Maggarpatta, Hinjawadi, Khopoli, Chakan, Raigad, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, etc.
Process for LEGAL COMPLIANCE of E Waste Management in India:
The process we employ for the Management, Recycling and Disposal of E Waste is as per the ‘Implementation of E Waste Rules 2011, Guidelines’ issued by the CPCB and under the directives of the MoEF (Ministry of Environment and Forest).
E-Waste comprises of Electronic and Electrical waste listed in Schedule-I (Annexure IV) including all type of Industrial Electrical & Electronic Equipment, Secondary Computer, Monitor, Laptop, Cell Phone, Phone, Fax, EPBX, Printers, Xerox, CD, DVD, Floppy, Tapes,
Pen drives, Wires, Cables, Entertainment device, Television, Refrigerators, Air CondiBoners, Compressors, Washing Machine, SKADA, PLC Systems, Logic Controllers, Control Panel, Fans, Lights, Bulbs, Switches, Hospital and Medical equipment and all working/repairable/ un-repairable electronics to be "Commodities", which is dumped or which may be illegally sold to scrap dealers. Our services of Environmentally sound Management of e-waste ranges from Collection, Documentation, Segregation, Dismantling, Recycling and Disposal of waste.
How Do I Dispose E Waste With Eco Friend Industries?
The Exact Process Eco Friend Industries Follows for the Disposal Management and Recycling of E Waste Generated at your Company, Office or Home
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- After inspecting the material we provide a quotation for disposal.
- Once the quotation is approved we collect the material, complete the financial commitments.
- Provide GREEN CERTIFICATE, FORM 13 (Manifest Copy), Entry in MPCB REGISTRATION PASSBOOK.
- The material is taken to our MPCB authorised facility in Navi Mumbai MIDC.
- The material gets segregated, as it is being unloaded and unpacked.
- At this point Secure Data that may be existent with the E- Waste is destroyed.
- Dismantling operation is carried out which is a combination of manual, semi manual and automatic processes involving physical segregation operations of plastics, glass, steel, non-ferrous material, wires, gases, liquids and printed circuit boards and waste. We perform a mix of operations including Decontamination, Manual dismantling using appropriate power tools, PPEs and dust control equipment, Hammering, Shredding, Segregation and Specialized separation processes. Material that can be reused is separated and refurbished.
- Dismantling operations is a dry process, the first step is to decontaminate E-waste and render it non-hazardous by separating hazardous components and materials. Hazardous electronic components such Hg switches, Poly Chlorinated Biphenyl (PCBs), Glass, Si compounds etc. is sent to MWML (Mumbai Waste Management Ltd., Taloja) which is a CHWTSDF (Common Treatment and Disposal Facility).
- Manual dismantling is carried out over the dismantling table with space de-dusting hoods connected with bag dust collectors venting out through a cyclone separator to a chimney to maintain desirable work zone air quality.
- Only skilled manpower having adequate and appropriate power tools and personal protective equipment (PPEs) like Gloves, Mask, Goggles and Helmet are deployed for manual segregation and dismantling. Collection boxes with adequate capacity in sufficient number are placed near dismantling table for keeping the dismantled components.
- Mechanized dismantling comprises of physical separation after opening the material by manual or semi-mechanical operations or directly feeding into a crusher (attached with bag dust collectors) to crush the wastes into fragments that are later segregated.
- The major objective of hammering and shredding operations is size reduction and separation of steel, plastics, PCBs, ferrous, non-ferrous metals, glass etc. Fractions such as plastic, ferrous and nonferrous material, glass are sent to secondary recycling while other remaining fractions are taken for recycling, treatment and recovery.
- Fine grinding, Wet grinding, gravity separation, magnetic, density, eddy current, electromagnetic separators is employed to achieve finer separations.
- The dismantled material is taken to implement a higher degree technology for recycling or recovery operations. We use a combination of Pyrometallurgy, Hydrometallurgy and Hydro Density Separation Techniques to achieve the required recovery.
- In case of CRT, tube is cut into funnel and panel including removal of phosphor coating from the panel using specialised equipment for CRT Cutting.
- In this process more than 99% of the material gets recycled and the remaining gets disposed with MWML.